“When people ask me how many sisters I have I say, ‘I don’t know. I have so many sisters at N Street Village I can’t count them all.’ Sisterhood to me means family.” – Gisele
N Street Village is more than a place, and it’s more than an organization. To the more than 1,100 women we served last year, N Street Village is home. Not only because of the safe housing we provide or the healthy meals we enjoy together, but because of the sisterhood that women find and create every day in this special community.
It’s this power of sisterhood that has helped women like Gisele on her own path of recovery.
Gisele was sober for 9 years and then relapsed. Feeling broken and hopeless, she entered the N Street Village Recovery Housing where structured programs and support from her sisters and staff helped her rebuild her life and to heal.
“It was a long, hard road to recovery, but I was overwhelmed by so much love from my Village sisters.”
Gisele has now been sober for 26 months and is enrolled in classes in UDCC.
In this week of Thanksgiving, N Street Village is thankful for the important role you play in our family. You help women like Gisele, who rely on the Village to achieve their health, wellness, education, and employment goals.
As we enter week two of our year-end fundraising campaign, A Season of N Street Village, we ask you to join in supporting the Village community.
Here’s how you can help:
- $37 can provide 30 nutritious meals in our Day Center
- $150 (or $12.50 per month) can provide one week of services for one woman living in our Luther Place Night Shelter
- $500 (or $42 per month) can provide one month of medical supplies in our Wellness Center
- $600 (or $50 per month) can provide one month of services for one woman living in Permanent Supportive Housing
3. Pass it along. Forward this page to someone you lean on for support and tell them why you’re grateful for them this holiday season.
Wishing you and yours a soulful and Happy Thanksgiving!